I am a songwriter based in Dublin, Ireland. My first solo album Winsome Ways is now available on CD and for download.
Winsome ways is a collection of love songs and stories set in historical contexts. Stories include...
Album Available Here
- Winsome Ways... a young girl falls for a soldier
- Strawberry Beds... a Dublin man sings to his departed wife
- Willie Clancy And The Pipes... Irish labourers in London in the 1950's
- A Band Of Gold... a young man of little means is denied his lover's hand in marriage
- Shackleton... polar explorers including Tom Crean sail in giant seas to South Georgia
- Eve Of All Souls... a ghost tale of thieves, misers and murderers
- Bandon Fair... one early morning two lovers meet on Dunmanway Road
- Ballad Of Luke Ryan... the real-life adventures of an 18th century pirate from Rush Co Dublin
Recently I've had some of my songs recorded by international folk artists such as Cherish The Ladies (US), Niamh Parsons and Graham Dunne (Ireland), and Shantalla (Belguim)...
and it's been a treat hear the songs performed in places as far flung as Siberia. This solo CD shows how they sound before they go on their travels.